Thursday, March 3, 2011

It's a hard knock life

Modeling for sewing patterns has to be one of the hardest jobs in the world.  How to sell a giant bishop hat?

"I am so not telling the guys on the golf course about this."

It's a tough call here... are they going for that stoic, cold period look?  Or are they just bummed that the gig they've finally scored is one only their mothers would love?  


"Yay!  Kitchen utensils!"

So that's how I look when I finally find my favourite spoon.

I like that the girl on the bottom left is at least trying to think outside the box.  She knows there's more to do in a kitchen than just cooking.

Hey-o.

But recently there was a reminder that a lot of these models are bright, hard working people that are multi-faceted...  Case in point: 



It's most certainly clearer in the Simplicity book down at your local fabric store... but Prom girl, is also an actress, most recently known as Vampire girl, from the latest season of the Bachelor.





If Twilight has taught us anything, it's that even Vampires need proms.

But all joking aside, these models are clearly doing their job well... there are some amazing pattern stashes in my closet out there.







2 comments:

  1. I actually like the crowns! But then I have a secret desire to go to a Renaissance faire or go L.A.R.P.ing. I would wear the prom dress too! Love the comment about the kitchen girl! She does look a bit seductive, lol! I never knew how entertaining patterns could be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a feeling you'd appreciate that pattern, Briar :) You should see some of the other period costume patterns out there, it's a whole 'nother blog post! ;)

    ReplyDelete