Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I Love Lazy Glamor

I am loving these "faux separates" dresses that have been appearing around the place.  These are from another of my loves, Anthropologie.


  Vestiges Dress                                      Seaside Fields Dress


Curtain Call Dress                                      Stylist's Eye Dress


This concept has been around for a few seasons now, but in looking for a pencil skirt with a knee split I had picked up Simplicity 2724  (check this version out).   The new appeal of this dress now that I'm sewing again is actually sheer laziness on my part - a kind of dressing "2 for the price of 1 if you will".  One dress + accessories and you're done.

Additionally, the flexibility inspired me. All kinds of fabrics are represented here: cotton, wool, silk, modal... and types of fabrics - shirting, jersey, brocade, chiffon...  Consider the dynamic possibilities as you dress up, dress down, and accessorize and layer through the seasons.  See - lazy glamor.  Don't you love it? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment