Wednesday, October 5, 2011

So whatever happened to that summer dress I was working on with my friend, Nathalie?  Well, it's currently in pieces in a brown paper bag - the languishing of a garment unfinished before school started.  That and I have made so many mistakes on this dress that now I'm feeling weak-kneed about finishing it. But now that we're in the swing of things, I might just have a regular day to sew - Thursdays (which is tomorrow) and I thought, what a good day to keep working on the dress!

And then it rained.

And all I wanted to do was curl up in a window seat somewhere with a cup of Earl Grey and read a book, ala Anne of Green Gables.

Lesendes Mädchen - Otto Scholderer - 1883

It is so very hard to want to sew a summer dress with it is nippy and wet out, but I might just make myself.  (Then next on the list, a white gown with a copper sash...)

No comments:

Post a Comment