Monday, January 31, 2011

The Plan for the 80's (and Colette Spring Palette Challenge)

Ignoring my apparent invisible zipper incompetencies, I decided to join in the Colette Patterns Spring Palette Challenge.  It fit perfectly with the focus I was hoping to hone, not just for the 80's but the other 90 years I'm shooting for.

Here is my palette for the 80's and the Challenge:



After some pattern consultation and stash diving, this is what the Girlie and I have come up with:

Item 1


This is the version I'm using -


Simple, straightforward, you would think, right?  I took a look at the pattern, and there are about 16 pieces, and on first glance the instructions read like the flight manual for an F-18.  The top will be the yellow floral cotton, with the skirt being made out of the dotted swiss - again the fabric is really sheer, so I'm not sure yet if I should just make her a few petticoats, self-line it, or make two tiers... that might be fun.

Items 2&3 - from the same pattern


In navy blue cotton velveteen -


In gray cotton sherpa with a yellow knit bias binding -



And items 4 & 5:


Refashioned from a stashed jersey top -


In a pale purpley gray cotton lycra knit, minus the shoulder ruffles -

(I'm seriously reconsidering how full the sleeve caps are in the last one.
Maybe some sort of pattern refashioning is in order?)


So there you have it.  I'm really excited to get working on these.  It's such a great feeling to know that you have patterns and fabric all ready to go.  And not a zipper in sight! ;)


p.s. If you have an eagle eye, you might have noticed there is a colour missing from that the projects that is in the original palette.  Can anyone spot it?

No comments:

Post a Comment